Wednesday 5 September 2012

Next the cakes!

Ok here are some of the cakes I have made over the years!!!






 The cake that started it all the infamous Yoda cake the dyed my worktop green (not so great when it's supposed to be a surprise party!)




One of the many cakes I have made my niece over the years!



My son Toby's first birthday cake it had to be done it went a bit wonky but for a first character cake it seemed to go OK!!





 The point where I started getting the hang of colouring icing properly
 My first attempt at sugar flowers


 One of my friends asked me to make her a cake for her daughter's birthday party but she did not want the hassle of cutting the cake into portions so I made her some cupcakes so she could simply pop them into the party bag
 My son's third birthday cake he was far too into Micky Mouse's Clubhouse





 
 Another one of my friend's kids birthday cakes, I loved doing this cake it went so smoothly and I was so chuffed with how the dragon turned out!
 

Again the cupcakes were popped into the party bags (or more exactly eaten before the kids had even got out of the hall!)

  My best friend has the same problem as I our own birthday's are three days after our kid's birthday so we always lose out on both the party front (normally cause we're too broke to afford anything!) and having our own cake!! So I decided this year to surprise her with her own birthday cake with her favourite things on it! namely patchwork and coffee, the icing in the cup is actually coffee flavoured!
 My nieces most recent birthday cake she wanted a Bollywood cake but better! She seemed pleased with it but it's difficult to tell with 11 year olds!
 My son's fourth birthday cake Pirates was the theme this year god knows what it will be next year!



My first attempt at a rainbow cake! Here's the batter about to go in the oven!






The layers all stacked up ready to go! Mmmmmmmm butter cream
 The cake finished my niece thought it looked like a hat!

























The rainbow cake complete and cut into! The contrast looked great!


 

One of my friend's little girl's christening cake butterflies and flowers were requested and I decided to have my firs try with making cubed cakes didn't turn out perfect but got somewhere near to a cube shape!



 I simply loved doing this cake I love Alice in Wonderland and one of my old service users adored it as well so I took the theme and ran with it!!!
The playing cards and Alice falling down the rabbit hole must try and learn how to sculpt people!




Close up of the teapot and cup and yes the icing was tea flavoured!



A giant thank you cupcake I made for my colleagues when I left my old workplace
 Jubilee cupcakes in teacups of cause darling!!! Love this silicone cupcake cases they were from the pound shop and there was two in each box! bargain!
My son and I baking a cake together I love my Kenwood mixer it's perfect for making cakes and also the dough hook on it makes colouring icing a breeze!!!
and finally my niece had a cupcake themed party for her birthday and her very talented mother set up a table full of icing and goodies for her and her friends to decorate cupcakes with which they enjoyed immensely
But apparently it was alot more fun to decorate my wonderful partner with butter cream and sprinkles bless him for sitting there and taking it! We were finding sprinkles for weeks afterwards!
More cakey goodness will follow soon no doubt seems I never stop baking!
Please comment and follow me there will be more soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment