Wednesday 5 September 2012

Hello there

OK this is my first time writing a blog post so here goes!

First a bit about myself I guess!
I'm a 27 year old mother of a gorgeous 4 year old boy who I love to pieces and live with him, my wonderful partner, our two pet cats and four pet rats!

I first started my venture into crafts with making jewellery this I did for a few years and taught myself how to make simple beaded designs and then progressed into wire-work.
Here's a few examples of pieces I have made



 
I also rediscovered baking, my grandmother used to bake the most amazing sponges and many a happy weekend afternoon was spent with her teaching me how to bake them, so I began making the sponges and one day decided to experiment and try decorating a cake for my ex husband's birthday (before we split up obviously!) and this was the end result
Not too bad I thought apart from dieing the worktop green!
I've since mastered both colouring icing and here are some of my more recent creations



I have loads more pictures and will add a whole post on the topic of cakes!
At the time I was working shifts in a care home so did not have alot of time to actually make anything let alone sell it!
My new wonderful partner (not so new now we've been together for well over a year!) encouraged me to spend more time on it and I began teaching jewellery making workshops in the care home I worked in for adults with learning disabilities whilst working there I also rediscovered knitting.
 
I began expanding my knitting skills from making simple scarves into more extravagant creations and am currently teaching myself how to follow a pattern, while re-learning this skill I also picked up crochet which I love doing as it's so quick!
 
More recently I have started sewing again and am now creating pieces from fabric, felt and my favourite things buttons! Again more pictures to come soon!
 
I am currently unemployed and looking at getting a part-time job to fit in with my son's school hours so I will have more time to make things and hopefully now begin selling things as my friends and family's homes are full of my pieces and so is mine! Also we are moving into a bigger house soon and I will have my own craft room (even more excuse to buy supplies!) so I really do need to put my products out there in the hope that they sell!!!
 
I will add more posts soon with pictures of things I have made and hopefully someone will like them!!! Please feel free to comment, advise or ask how much things are (the last one is always important!) and please share my blog with others!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment