Thursday 6 September 2012

Lavender pillows!

My mother's lavender bush in her back garden had grown to epic heights you couldn't actually get past it to get to the back of the garden! I decided it was time to trim it and pinch the lavender for myself so I managed to grab a bag full of the stuff took it home and dried it out!

I then made these :-

 The hearts are made of two hearts cut out of felt with buttons sewn on one side and a ribbon loop to hang them they are then stuffed with lavender. They smell lush!
And of course I couldn't just make one I had to make them in all the colours I could think of!







                                       Orange






                                        Pale Blue






                             Red






                          Turquoise






                               Purple






                                     Pink






                                    Green






                                and Navy





       I then made my friend this one she's just about to move into a new house and she's always dreamed of having roses around her front door so I embroidered them on for her, took me back to the years when I used to cross stitch haven't done a stitch like this for years!!!

 
I went back to my mother's yesterday to pick my son up and grabbed another massive bag full of lavender so once that's dried I'll be making more of these!

I was thinking of selling them for £2 each or three for £5 hopefully they will sell!

I have a massive load of felt I need to get through so I will be trying to find new things to make out of felt!

Near where I live there is a scrap store and it is amazing for £3 you can fill up a reusable shopping bag full of stuff and they have fabrics, stuffing for cushions, wool, thread and loads of paper and card, I even managed to pick up bubble wrap to help with packing everything for our big move at the end of October.

I really must start packing instead of making things!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment